Thursday, December 09, 2004

The title of this blog is misleading, considering the topic of the first post.

I was thinking about starting up this blog, sitting here at the computer. I had spent a great deal of time signing up Jake's youngest brother Will for Aviation Camp at the Huntsville Space & Rocket Center. Will was awed that I was willing to spend almost $1000 on something like that. He'd been through some disappointments in previous years when the funds weren't there. We wanted to send him and take him places and do things with him, which we had planned to do when he was "older", and it never happened.

Now he's old enough and educated enough to go to Aviation Challenge by himself, instead of the parent-child weekend. He just recently started choosing to watch Discovery Wings instead of Spongebob. He still plays with his toy fighter jets, though, which is what he's doing now.

So, I was sitting there working on the last post and doing other Aviation Challenge related things. When Will realized I really did sign him up he was elated! He got up to take a shower without being asked, he was so elated. As he was walking out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel, he said, "Thanks for signing me up, Mommy!"

He hardly ever calls me mommy.

I thought it would be a good name for this blog.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home